Effective: April 20, 2016
Thank you for visiting Best Trips, a transportation platform for your enjoible travel around Europe.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it as discussed herein. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices. By accessing any of the Sites, you agree to our privacy practices as set out in this privacy statement.
This privacy statement describes the information that we collect and how that information may be used by us. You are not required to provide any personal information to us unless and until you choose to make a purchase, sign up for one of our e-mail newsletters or other products, or otherwise use one of our services. This privacy statement does not apply to information collected on any third-party site that may link to or be accessible from any of the Sites, nor does this privacy statement extend to any travel supply company (e.g., hotel, etc.) from whom an individual has purchased or reserved travel services. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those parties.
1. INFORMAITON COLLECTION AND USE
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide you with the best possible service and to administer your use of the Services. We collect several types of personal information about users, including but not limited to:
- Personal information that is provided to us using our Services.
- Personal information you provide to Best Trips.
- If you contact us, personal information you provide to us that details the nature of your question or problem.
- Personal information included in any messaging you undertake with Best Trips, such as sharing via our SMS chat, phone or email communication.
- Please note that this privacy statement does not apply to the collection of routine business contact information by our employees. Such information, however, will only be used for purposes of our business relationship.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with pertinent information regarding your transportation schedule associated with your reservation with the Hotel.
- So Best Trips Chauffeurs can contact users at the hotel to facilitate a meeting point or provide status updates.
- Your information will not be used for any re-marketing purposes.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may from time-to-time make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with the Company, such as the following:
- Service providers we use to support our business who provide services such as transportation, information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys; and
- Business Transfers, Best Trips may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Best Trips cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Best Trips or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
If we engage a third party to process an individual’s personal data on our behalf, that third party will be bound by our data privacy policies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Enforce our apply our terms and use and any other agreements; or
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also collect non-personal information, or data in a form that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purposes. Non-personal information that we collect may include information regarding your Hotel, which may be aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for the purposes of this privacy statement.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
The Sites and certain Company email messages may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to improve and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to better customize the Best Trips services according to your interests.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. Check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Sites may not be available if cookies are disabled.
We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we treat these identifiers as personal information. Similarly, to the extent that non-personal information is combined with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information for the purposes of this privacy statement.
Best Trips is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Services in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
8. OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
The services are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
9. CONTACTING US